Thursday, November 02, 2006

The written song

Damn I need to write.

"Standing at existences edge, small red pebbles tumbled down. Alomn sighed and looked toward the rusted sky. 'When can I stop, when can I forget.' He mumbled at the space above and raised his flask infront of his view. He tipped it, letting the amber content pour out and sparkle in the sun lig..."

"ANDREW"
I raised my head from my scribbled thoughts.
"hmmmm" I mumbled.
Mr. Groes slapped his hands on my desk in fury and yelled, "Are you stupid. Do you want to pass."
I just stared at him. I had heard those words before and knew that there was no answer. Mr. Groes turned away and resumed talking about the reason of life. "you know that's just like him, always talking about and about, but never answering the question." A voice beside me said, "you know why friend?"

"Why" I whispered.
He replied, "because he has no life."
I turned my head, "or maybe you have high standards of life."
"Maybe" He raised his head but his face was covered in shadow beneath his hooded sweatshirt. The only thing I could see was the glare off his glasses.

Class ended, as it usually does, around 5:00. I walked home along a narrow path of cement squares.
"Hello again friend."
The hooded boy from before said.
"Why do you do this Canti" I replied.
"Do what."
"You, always talking to me during class."
"Would you rather I not talk?"
"I'd rather you not get me yelled at."
"And why not."
"Its a hassle."
"You should learn to like hassles or you'll die young."
"Oh is that tr...."
I was cut off when something creaped out from the shadow of a tree. It was dog like in shape, but much larger. It had no solid form and grinned with a mouth full of dagger-like teeth. Dark mist rose from its back.
Fear ran through my veins and pierced my brain.
"Don't look like that Andrew." Canti grinned beneath the shade of his hood. Small swords fell out of his sleves, as if materialized. Canti leapt up and placed one foot on my shoulder. Then he rocketed off twourd the beast in front of us a sunk his blade into its head. Thick black smoke spewed out of the wound. It swung a large dark tendral at Canti and threw him to the side.
"Kill it, KILL IT." I screamed
Canti looked up at me. "I can't."
my eyes lept out of focus. "can I".
My finger creapt over a small trigger.
My palm rested on a handle.
I forced a bullet into its eye.

"AAAH" my head rose up and I found my self in my room.

No comments: